Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oh boy!!

Well things have gone a bit mad here. At the end of september (The day after JJ's 1st birthday) I got rushed into hospital as I couldn't breathe, and my chest was really wheezy. At first the dr's thought it was a suspected clot on the lung, but that came back clear, then they thought it was pneumonia, but that came back clear as well. So they finally said it was a bad chest infection, with the possiblity of pregnancy induced asthma. Just what I needed. So after a short stay in hospital with nebs etc.. I came home with an inhaler and antibiotics.

Then the following Monday (1st Oct) My waters went, and I was only 29 weeks. So I had to go back to hospital, where it was confirmed that my waters had indeed gone. I had steroid injections to help mature his lungs if he needed to come out, but thankfully I never went into labor. So after a few days they sent me home on antibitoics and I have to go back into hospital every couple days to have a monitor put on, and have bloods drawn to test for infection. I also have u/s every week to check how he's doing and to check my AFI levels, but right now it could all still happen at any time. We're hoping to make it to 36 weeks and then the dr will either induce or schedule a section as the risk of infection from a prolonged rupture goes up after that. At the moment it will likely be a section because he's breech and doesn't have a lot of fluid to turn himself round, but I guess anything could happen. So we are just taking things day by day right now, I am on bedrest probably for the rest of the pregnancy.

No comments: