Monday, November 26, 2007

James is here!

A few hrs old

Now at 1 month


Well... We made it to 32w 6d before James decided he wanted to come on out and meet his sisters. My waters continued to drain, and I ended up with an infection which obviously triggered pre-term labour. It started in the early hours of 26th october (almost 4 weeks after my waters originally broke) and by 6am the ctx were getting stronger, so I called Dh and had him come home from work, and called my mum to watch the girls. We got to the hospital around 11am and they stuck a CTG monitor on me to measure my ctx. By 2pm the consultant came to see me and said that we needed to get baby out. Because he was breech, it had to be a section, which I was totally fine about, and James Alan arrived at 4.19pm weighing 4lb 1oz.




He's now a month old and doing great, he's still in SCBU (like NICU) but is doing well, he's off all monitors and has never needed oxygen. He is doing well with his bottles, but sometimes needs to finish with an NGT. He weighs 5lb 15oz and has 67mls every 4 hours.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.