Friday, March 16, 2007

Terrible two's


Kimi heard about the terrible two's and wanted to get in on the action early. She's driving me nuts with the constant whining, and a sound I can only describe as a cross between a grunt and a growl. It's like something you'd see on Harry Enfield's teenage character "Kevin", only in miniature form. She has suddenly decided she NEVER wants her hair up, even though she'd been so good with it up until now, we have lost so many hair bands it's not funny anymore.

What's worse is that I heard from many friends that the terrible two's never really goes away, One has an eight year old who she says (hopefully jokingly) is still going through it. I think it's time to get a padded room for mummy! Either that or a sound proof room for Kimi! And someone help me when JJ gets to that stage and I have two of them!

The strange thing is, that as annoying as she's getting, she is also getting so much sweeter too. A couple of days ago she grabbed my head and kissed my nose then pulled me into a hug. She's started telling her sister "wuffoo" which is Kimi-speak for "love you" which is a new thing. Then yesterday she kissed both my eyes, and then my nose, then my mouth and then hugged me and said "my mummy"

Maybe the cuteness is a counteraction for all the annoyances she has right now, but I sure wish she'd just do the cute thing and leave the grunts and whining behind.

No comments: